Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Thursday, June 12, 2008

What are we doing all day in Iowa?

You may ask, "What do you do all day"? For the average mom, this is a question with endless answers. Certainly, there is not much down time while keeping up with a 1-year old, but as we are staying with family in Iowa right now, I am doing me best to keep us busy. I am trying to get Kevin outside as much as possible. We take a long walk every morning that ends at the swingset down the street.

First, let me say that we spend a great majority of our time following the weather report! Seriously, each night we watch 3 or 4 news channels to keep up with all the flooding coverage. It is terrible here, we have quickly learned what an impact this flooding will have to all the great farmers of the State.

Tuesday night we took Kevin swimming. There are 2 pools in town, each with wading pools for Kevin. I knew he would enjoy the pool since he LOVES to splash. The best part was, he went to bed sooooo easy when we got home. I told Nate we should buy a house with a pool so Kevy could splash every day. He said "no way", of course. Yesterday we were planning to meet a few other moms at the zoo, but you guessed it, there was more RAIN! So Kevin and I drove by a few houses that we are interested in and hit the mall. Today we are meeting a friend for lunch. The grand finale of our week is that we are going back to Chicago on Friday. Can't wait!!!

Each day ends with Nate giving Kevin a bath. I love that Nate is in charge of that process! Here are a few photos... watch out Tanya & Dave... this gives you a good idea of what your babies will look like someday. Doesn't this look just like David?




No comments: