Let me set the scene... Sunday morning the 3 of us go out for pancakes, take Kevin to the swings then we find a baby wading pool at the park and Kevin enjoys the pool & is so happy splashing in the pool. So far, a perfect family day, right? Then we come home and it's nap time. We put Kevin in his pack&play (since we are still in Iowa he is without the luxuries of his cozy crib). We have brought along several of his favorite fuzzy animals to make it feel more like home.
A few hours go by and Nate & I are happily watching the Cubs game, relaxing and so pleased that we are enjoying the nice Sunday afternoon. Finally, after 3 and a half hours of quiet we get curious and decided to open Kevin's bedroom door. Well what happened next might not shock the more seasoned parents who read this blog, but Nate and I were SHOCKED.
When we opened the door the first thing Nate noticed was that Kevin was naked. At first I thought, "wow, what a smart kid, he got his diaper off". Then the smell hit me & Nate. We were instantly frozen in shock, then a giant wave of laughter hit us both as we looked down at our adorable baby COVERED in poop. Maybe this has happened to some of you, but we have never seen anything like this. Poop, everywhere. Thank goodness Nate was home. This was a 2 man operation to clean up. Nate took Kevin for 2 baths. Like a carwash, the first round was to rinse off the major grub, the second was more of a scrub. I was faced with the challenge of cleaning up his poopy bedroom. There was no way to salvage the crib sheet, I tossed it. Thank goodness too that stuffed animals can survive a swirl in the washing machine. I took the pack&play into the backyard and started scrubbing. It was a sunny day so it dried really fast. I think we both did a great job with cleanup, although we are still paranoid that his room smells like poop. Oh well, at least it's his own. Good job Kevin for not throwing it on the walls or carpet!
Lesson learned: Never, under any circumstances, put your baby to sleep wearing only a diaper & a t-shirt (even if you think you are being nice by letting him enjoy the summer breeze).


3 comments:
I live in fear of this!! Glad you were able to laugh at it :)
Love this story. I hope I never have a similar one! Thanks for sharing your blog. It's great! ;) Katie
Seriously, this happened to Audry the last time I was down visiting Jenn. Amazing how it gets everywhere!! Disgusting!!
Post a Comment