Typically I am out the door each morning before Kevin wakes up. Nate is in charge of dressing Kevin & taking him to school. This system works well for us.
This morning I was helping Nate, he had an early meeting at work and asked if I would get Kevin up & ready for school. I was so excited to tip-toe into his room and wake him up. Unless he is sick, he always awakes happy. With his eyes closed, smiling, he rubs the tail of his favorite lovey (Tiger) on his face as he wakes up. So cute!
I dressed Kevin and brought him downstairs to Nate. Kevin got upset when I said goodbye, I had to leave for work. He threw his arms around my neck, I got lots of hugs & kisses, he wouldn't let go. He kept saying "I want my mommy!". Now, maybe I should feel guilty about making him upset, but I was so happy he wanted my attention. For months, and months, all Kevin has wanted is his Daddy. I am so pleased to be back to my number one ranking!
Funny ending to the story... the thing that made him happy, despite my leaving for work, was that we reminded him that today is the day a firetruck & firefighter are coming to his school! What could be better? I can't compete.


No comments:
Post a Comment