I've been honest about Kevin's love for his binky. For about the last year or so Kevin knows that he only gets his binky at naptime and at bedtime. This has worked great for all of us.
Kevin: For what it's worth, I love your binky too. It's like a baby sedative. Every time you get it into your mouth you instantly calm down, quiet down and fall asleep. It's magical, why would I take it away? Well, you will thank me when your not carrying it to sleepovers someday.
Several months ago we got Kevin a bike, with the idea of giving it to him in exchange for him giving up his binky. We had the bike in the basement. Well, stupid Mom & Dad... On Monday the furnace repair man came over while Nate was home. Kevin was excited to go to the basement to watch the repair man. In a matter of seconds, I hear from the kitchen, "a bike, look Daddy, there's a bike". We told Kevin he could have the bike if he gave his binkies away. We marched up to the kitchen, gathered them up and Nate tossed them out (not really, they are in the glove compartment of his car)! Kevin was so excited for his new bike.


1 comment:
congrats! What a milestone!!!
Post a Comment