The biggest news is that I recently quit my job and I'll be staying home with both kids. I've decided that even my worst day at home with these two beautiful kids will be better than my best day at that stupid job! I am really excited to be home with them. So far, most days are going well and we're having fun. I like to keep busy and get out of the house everyday. Kevin is signed up for lots of activities and we've been spending a lot of time at the pool, library, and meeting up with friends.
Kevin update: Tonight is the last week of swimming lessons. Not to brag (but that is what this blog is for!), Kevin's swim teacher told me he's the most advanced in the class and could probably skip ahead to a class with older kids. We kept him in the 3 year old class for the remainder of the week because I think he needed work on listening to the teacher and not become a total dare devil in the water. We might sign him up for the 4 year old class next session. He loves, loves, loves the water and will jump off the side of the pool a thousand times if I would let him stay there all night. *** Only for you, Kev, would I don a bathing suit in-front of all my neighbors so soon after having a baby!!
He seems much less excited about sports camp that meets on Thursday nights. Our new rule is that Kevin can't go to sports camp unless he takes a nap. Last week he was a mess, a complete crying meltdown in the middle of the field when another 3 year old kicked a nurf soccer ball at Kevin's stomach. If I was there, I would have laughed. Nate has been taking him to camp, I think Nate is way more excited than Kevin. I am sure his enthusiasm and attention span for sports will grow as he gets older.
Kevin is still attending his daycare 3 mornings per week, but that will be stopping at the end of July. He'll be attending a new preschool this fall.
Katie Update: Yes, it was a fluke... no more sleeping through the night. We still have a date each night around 3 am. Oh well, at least she goes right back to sleep. I am a little late with her 2 month doctor checkup, it will be at the end of the month. She has stared cooing and smiling a lot. She's also starting making bubbles and drooling. I remember this stage with Kevin, thinking that the drooling meant she might get teeth soon, but then I recall that the drooling went on for months & months before teeth cut through. I've never heard of a 2 month old with teeth, so I think the drooling will continue for a while.
Nicole, Joe, and Isabel are visiting this weekend, so I'll post new photos soon.


1 comment:
congrats on the decision to stay at home and let joe and nicole we say hello!
Post a Comment