Last winter Nate won the grand prize while attending a Chicago CFA social event. The prize was a free one-night stay at the Fairmont Chicago hotel. I wanted to use it before I went back to work, so we spent last night at the fancy hotel. We took the time to be tourists in our own city. We explored Millennium Park & went out for a great dinner. This was the perfect combo celebration of my birthday and our upcoming anniversary. It was also my first night away from Kevin. It was a nice break, but I was sure ready to come home & give him a big hug & kiss this morning! It was much easier to leave him for a fun night out with Nate than it will be to go on some lousy business trip - maybe beginning again in September :(
Aunt Nicole & Uncle Joe willingly agreed to their first overnight babysitting gig. I am so happy to say that Kevin was on his best behavior & Nicole & Joe had a great time with him. They took him for a walk to the park (twice), and of course to Starbucks on Sunday morning. Nate & I were betting on what time Kevin finally went to bed last night, I guessed 9:30 (which is 2 hours later than normal). But, Kevin gave them no trouble & was asleep by 8:00. We are so grateful to have them close by to spend time with Kevin!
The BEFORE:
The AFTER:
They are pros!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment