I am writing this down before I forget. Kevin is not speaking in full sentences yet, but stringing together a few words. Usually it's obvious what he is trying to say, other times I have to really use some context clues.
These are his favorite sayings lately:
"more milk"
"hungry now eat" - lately he has been putting on his own bib and standing next to his chair as I am rushing to get his dinner ready. You should also know that Kevin's teachers have told me he is the best eater in his classroom. This does not surprise us.
"mommy/daddy too" - when he wants us to play/eat/sit/color with him
"upstairs baf" - it's time to go upstairs for bath time
"binky! cubbie!!" - he reminds me everyday not to forget his binky, which the teachers have "hidden" in his cubbie at school. I suppose they have not hidden it too well! Kevin says this with such vigor and seriousness, it makes me laugh so hard.
"teef choo-choo" - he wants to brush his teeth with the toddler toothpaste wit the train on the tube.
"michael, michael" - this one was really hard for us to figure out. He wants to read "Make Way for Ducklings". There is a page with Michael the police officer. I have no idea why he is so attached to Michael, but we love this book!
"mommy/daddy car gone" - if one of us is not there, he reminds us that we drove the car away. Then he proceeds to the garage door to show us that the car is gone.
"Nate!" - this makes me laugh so hard. I am sure that is why he continues to yell "Nate, Nate". To be fair, Nate is an easy word for a baby to pronounce. I have never heard him say "Andrea". I am, and always will be "mommy"
"kkkk sttt" his teachers assure me he is saying "Kevin Stone". As he says this he points to himself!
"sawah/aryn/tamvi/andrew" - his friends at school :)
"joe joe cole" he wants to talk to Aunt Nicole & Uncle Joe on the phone. When Kevin was sick last week Nate let Kevin play with his phone. Kevin would hold it to his ear and "talk" to "JoJo" The thing is, when we actually have them on the phone he gets very shy & won't talk to them. Too bad, they want to hear what he has to say.


No comments:
Post a Comment