Dear Kevin,
In case you weren't sure, you have definitely entered what is commonly know as "the terrible twos". Last night was the worst we've seen yet. I am sorry about how we ended the day; you in tears, me walking out of your room with my head down in defeat.
It all started as a normal evening. I picked you up from school. Your teacher said you were the only one who has learned to pedal the tricycle. I was so proud! You were riding it outside all afternoon. In fact, I had to tear you off of it and bribe you to get you to come home with me.
Once at home we played in the driveway, like we do most nights. Then, it was time for dinner. You were great - you ate everything on your plate including a bunch of cherry tomatoes, a whole banana and a slice of cheese pizza. As I sat watching you at dinner, I had no idea that the tides were about to turn...
Upon your request, we went back outside to play for a few minutes after dinner. You were helping me water some plants and play with your football. All of a sudden you started throwing all your toys. Throwing toys has been a problem for you lately. I told you that if you kept throwing them we wouldn't be able to play outside anymore, we would go inside & you would have to take a bath & go to bed. I warned you, Daddy warned you, but you kept throwing your toys. We sat you on the front step and said that you will have to go to bed now because you are not supposed to throw your toys. Silently, I picked you and brought you upstairs. You were begging me to go back outside. I persisted to give you the most miserable bath you have ever had. You were crying so hard I thought you were going to throw up in the tub! You calmed down after the bath when I let you have your binky (for your sake & mine). I read you 5 really long stories, not even the short board-book ones. I was grateful that you were sitting in my lap, finally relaxed and thought we could end the day on a calm, happy note.
I was wrong.
As soon as the last story was over (BTW... I told you when you chose Pokey Puppy that it would be the last story of the evening and you nodded your head) you began screaming for more stories and to go outside again. This went on for a while until you finally passed out in your crib.
I sure hope tonight goes better. I love you, buddy!


1 comment:
Been there. You're still doing a good job, Mommy.
Post a Comment