Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Friday, May 28, 2010

Trip to the zoo

I did it!

I successfully took both the kids out of the house all by myself. The weather was perfect on Wednesday afternoon so I surprised Kevin and picked him up early from school. We met the Andersen's at the zoo. In the car ride on the way there I talked to Kevin about how important it was for him to hold my hand and help push Katie in the stroller. I was nervous that he would run away and leave me standing helpless with the stroller as he runs through the zoo. I was nervous for no reason, both kids were great. I am not sure if I have some newfound confidence as the mom of 2 small children, or if their behavior was a fluke!



The best part was on the way home both kids were sound asleep in the car. When we made it into the driveway, I rolled down all the windows and grabbed my favorite magazine. I enjoyed a good 30 minutes of time to myself before Kevin woke up.

No comments: