Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Thursday, April 25, 2013

Kevin is six - yes, everyone knows this already!


I may be the worst mommy-blogger ever!  With the ease of sharing pictures of the kids so quickly on Facebook, I have neglected my blog duties....Well, now is my chance to remind you again, Kevin had a terrific 6th birthday!


The birthday celebration started at 7:00AM!  Before school we went to Krispie Kreme for donuts - it's down the street from school so it was an easy choice. We had fresh, hot donuts - yum!  Kevin's teacher made a big fuss over him and he brought a treat to share with his class after lunch.  For dinner, Kevin chose to go to Buffalo Wild Wings - I was surprised, and so grateful not to go McD*nalds!  For his birthday gifts, we have Kev a remote control car, Woody (from Toy Story) and some dinosaur toys.  

At six years old - Kevin LOVES toys!  Sure, he does love to play with the IPad or Wii, but he still loves to lay on the floor and arrange all his toys for battle.  Just when I think he has outgrown some toys, he will get them out again and play all afternoon (sure makes it difficult to get rid of anything).

Kevin continues to excel at swimming.  Recently, his teacher suggested I put him on the swim team.  He loves to swim and I have seen a big improvement in his endurance and strength.  He can swim the entire length of the pool now.  His big goal is to pass the swim test at the Y so he can jump of the diving board.  The test requires him to jump in, swim a length, and then tread water for 1 minute - I think that is a huge task for a 6 year old!

This spring he is going to start soccer, and he's signed up for baseball this summer.  Along with swimming, it will be an active summer.


 Lego Party - quietest birthday party ever!  Highly recommend it!


I love that Katie insisted on being included - she "built" the exclamation point!!! 




No comments: